TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fond Memories of Home Ec

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 399, Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 389 - Bravo Regal Starfruit, Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 391 - No Stamping and Monday's CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHALLENGE # 184 - Inspired by the word SCHOOL. So often we always tend to think of pre-k, Kindergarden and grade school when we think of school. I do not remember much of my early education years but I do remember the fun I had in home ec class in the 10th grade. My mother raised me and a 3yr older brother of mine alone after the divorce when I was 3yrs old and so she worked 2 and 3 jobs just to make ends meet. That did NOT allow for a lot of home cooking so we ate out A LOT. Eating out does not allow for a daughter to learn how to cook from her mother so I learned a lot in home ec class plus had fun too boot. LOL.
I found this Rose Wild "Cherry Cupcake" dp and went wild with it.
I used my quickutz cupcake die and all 3 colors of cs to make it. I covered the cherry with glaze.
The sentiment is handwritten but please don't tell Shannon, she does not like it when I do that. LOL.
RECIPE:
Stamps: none :(
Paper: white, bravo burgandy, regal rose, summer starfruit, Wild Rose "Cherry Cupcake" dp
Ink: bravo burgandy, regal rose
Accessories: dimensionals, Quickutz cupcake die
Techniques: no stamping, die cuts, 3D