TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Count Your Blessings Crimped Envelope Pocket Card

I think I hurt my tiny brain yesturday when I packed 6 challenges together so I am taking a break today with just 1 really fun and much needed challenge LOL. It has been awhile since I did one of these. Thanks Lynn. This is for today's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE - Crimped Envelope Pocket Card. I used a set recently released from TREEHOUSE STAMP COMPANY called Count Your Blessings. My envelope was stamped with regal rose then sponged with old olive. I stamped the cross with pale plum then used rock and roll to pick up some perfect plum and still sponged some perfect plum along the sides after cutting it out. I draped some purple satin ribbon around the cross and popped it up. The sentiment is stamped with both plums and R&R as well. The insert is stamped in regal rose and perfect plum then sponged with perfect plum. I made this for my youngest daughter who so desparetly needs to return to her spiritual upbringing. I was a single mom during both my girls teens and did the best I could but sometimes I feel like I failed them mirerably by note trying to find a good christian man to help me raise them. You know when you get burned real bad you just tend to stay out of the fire. 11 1/2 yrs is all it too me and by then they were both almost grown. Oh well just help me pray for her that she will once again find the GOD of all peace.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Count Your Blessings, Treehouse Stamps
Paper: Envelope, white, perfect plum
Ink: perfect plum, pale plum, old olive, regal rose
Accessories: ribbon, MS fern punch, oval punches, MS dove punch
Techniques: Crimped Envelope Pocket Card, Distress Sponging, diminsional

4 comments:

Tasha Hickert said...

This is really pretty. I love the shades of green and plum that you chose. What a wonderful card for Lent! I may have to CASE this to send to my secret prayer partner!! I will pray for your daughter as well.

Denise Clark said...

This is so pretty and serene. I love the bird! Great card!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Beautiful sponging job here! You did a fabulous job of fading the sponging off so softly!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Beautiful!!! Love the sponging!!