TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baroque Sympathy

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE. I used Tuesday's kewl COLOR CHALLENGE - Pink Chocolate Hoods. This was such a hard card to make. A sweet fellow nurse co-worker is grieving the death of her 35yr old daughter who died Monday night with a sudden massive heart attack. No warning just instant death. I had to lean back as I was making this to keep my tears from staining my card. I used choc chip for layer 1, Berry Bliss for layer 2a, and riding hood red stamped with tone on tone Baroque for layer 2b. I covered my seams with some dark brown ribbon. My focal image was stamped with the sentiment in choc chip then I inked the flower image with pretty in pink and old olive markers, stamped off, huffed and stamped over my sentiment. This is layered with pink pirouette, riding hood red, then choc chip and popped up. I really like how this turned out but hate that I needed it. I am taking this to work to have all of her co-workers sign before handing it to her at the funeral home tonight.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Close As A Memory
Paper: choc chip, riding hood red, pink pirouette
Ink: choc chip, pretty in pink, old olive, riding hood red
Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals

4 comments:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Lovely card!! so sorry you needed it though! So sad!

fran said...

I have loved going through all your projects on your blog! I'm so sorry you needed this card, but it's beautiful - as are all your designs. Praying for your friend this evening.

Jennifer E. said...

What a beautiful card, but I am so sorry to hear you needed it as well. Great job completing both challenges. Thanks for participating in the DRS Designs Blog Hop!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That is so sad Neva! I am sure she will love this beautiful Card!! Great job on the sketch!!