TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

FROM THE SMALL GARDEN

Well I finally got to take the new family to their home at 11:30pm then drive myself home. Got to bed at 12:30am. The OB doc came and said "You may go home today" at 9am, they knew Monday she wanted him circumcized and that he had to wee wee afterwards before she could take him home. They could/should have done the circ Tuesday evening but waited until the day of discharge to do it so at 1:30pm they came to get him then brought him back at 1:40pm bc doc had to go to OR. Came back in around 2:30 and finally it was done. We watched that diaper for a blue stain unitl 10pm when she finally gave in and said "I guess go get us something to eat, it don't look like we are going anywhere anytime soon". My heart was breaking for my baby and her baby, he was fussy when awake, I am sure it hurt. I changed a nasty diaper around 5:30pm that still had a yellow strip so we thought "not yet". We tried everything from air exposure to feeding 2 bottles, to a warm rag around his hands, feet and belly. A 9:30pm the nurses camae and got him to see if they could help, they needed her room. No luck by 10pm and the pediatrician was called who said "Now he for sure can not go until he pp's but call me at 12am if he still has not voided" so my baby left to walk around outside with her sister to keep from going stir crazy any more than she already was. When we came back upstairs the nurse had a thumbs up because they went through the dirty diapers and found the nasty one with a small amt but definite blue stain. Frustrated me because the nurse could have told use to keep any diapers out to watch for the strip to turn after the changing. We expected immediate staining but the amount was so small it took a llittle bit for it to show. GGGGRRRRRRRR. Anyway it seems all is well and they are home. Now onto today's dissaster. LOL
I probably should have gotten up and just gone to work bc I am NOT happy with this. Sitting around in a hospital room all day has zapped me. LOL. This is for today's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE - Inchies, Wednesday's SKETCH CHALLENGE, Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE - Ruby Soft Pumpkin, and Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE.Both the flower and butterfly were stamped on watercolor paper with versamark ,heat embossed with gold EP and colored with SU Watercolor crayons. I used a butterfly image I got from Michaels for my inch image. Hope the challenge police don't get me for using a 1 inch image.
RECIPE:
Stamps: From the Garden, Small Script, Butterfly
Paper: Soft Sky, ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, white, watercolor
Ink: versamark, ruby red
Accessories: Gold EP, ribbon, watercolor crayons
Techniques: Watercolor, heat Emboss

1 comment:

Lauren said...

The poor little guy. You managed to make a beautiful card though!