TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Clarabelle & Riley

No internet service when I woke up. UURRRGGG, so I could not see the SC for today. I wanted to stamp before work so I did another COLOR CHALLENGE. Needed to dirty up some new stamps anyway. This is an adorable image from High Hopes called Clarabelle & Riley. Stamped w/Black Stazon and colored w/Prisma Color Pencils then blended w/Gamsol and matted on real red. The background is called "Cow Spots Background" and stamped in black then matted on black. A thin red ribbon tied on the right then red ribbon knot and Taken w/teal and certainly celery paper knots (since I did not have any ribbon those colors had to sub).
This faux ribbon knot was something I learned from e3stamper (thanks Shannon). Trim a thin strip of card stock and run it between your fingernails or rub on edge of desk to make it more pliable, then tie in a knot using care when tightening. I love using this when I do not have the exact color matches.
RECIPE:
Stamps: High Hopes Clarabelle & Riley
Paper: real Red, certainly celery, taken w/teal, black, white
Ink: real red, black stazon
Accessories: ribbon, gamsol, blending stumps
Techniques: Gamsol Magic, Faux ribbon

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the image and the coloring. The cow patterned background is great!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

love the cow background and the faux knots!

Anonymous said...

Love the BG on your cow card!! :)