TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's Bar-B-Que Time

OK I am so ready for these 40 mph winds to die down so dh can fire up the grill. I love grilled meat & vegs so when I saw today's SKETCH CHALLENGE I guess my brain kicked into grill mode because this is the first set I thought of and because I could not take time to think of how to combine the TLC and there was NO way to use this weeks colors this is 1 challenge card but please do not remove my crown. I will be back tomorrow with a double or triple hopefully,lol. Anyway this is paper studio red gingham dp matted on black. The red layer of cs is some I got from Micheals and I also stamped and cut the grill part out and glued it to the white layer with the grill stamped on it. the burgers and dogs are stamped in black stazon and colored with water color pencils as they have been feeling rejected since I bought my prismacolor pencils so I thought I would use them today. Crystal Effects applied to the dogs, cheese and lettuce on the burgers for shine. The apron, mitt & sentiment are stamped in rose red with the mitt cut out at glued to the sentiment layer which is popped up. The bottom of the red layer was trimmed with lace border punch bc you know us ladies have to have our lacey table cloths. How did I do considering I almost passed out when I saw the SC for today? I am not a person that usually does multi layers and have a really hard time with 3 panels.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Backyard BBQ
Paper: Paper Studio Red Gingham, Black, Red, White
Ink: Rose Red, Black Stazon, Silver
Accessories: crystal effects, Lace border punch, black gingham ribbon

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Fun card - the red plaid in the background is adorable.