TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sea Friends with a Lift Sneak Peek

Hiddie Ho Crafy Cavers. Whooo Hooo I am in such an AWESOME mood. I will tell you why in a few days. Anyway today is Thurday and that means it is time for another TREEHOUSE THURSDAY CHALLENGE. This week's number is THT040 and I am in the spotlight, another reason to be in a good mood huh? The challenge this week that I selected for everyone is a CAS (Clean And Simple) which can be interepreted in many ways - limited layers, embellishments, techniques,etc. Well this card took me about 10 minutes after I printed it to put together. There is NO coloring, NO techniques, and ribbon is my only embellishment but I do not like to see the seams where 2 pieces of cardstock meet. My image is a digital image due to be released on March 11th from TREEHOUSE STAMPS - Digital line and it is called SEA FRIENDS. I used GIMP, a free photo editing program, to manipulate my digital image. Ashley has created a video to show you some tips on how to use GIMP if you would like to watch click HERE. I used the eraser to remove the cloud on the right and then the paint bucket to fill in the colors of my image. GASP - no copics. I used the Text to include my sentiment as I did not want a lot of layers on this. My upper cs is bashful blue and the lower cs is creamy caramel. My focal panel is up on demisionals. Now how much easier could this be. No decisions of what type of color medium to use, no coloring outside of the lines, no bleeding colors. I must admit that the new blog banner over on Treehouse Stamps blog was my inspiration for this card with my additions. So now it is your turn to play along with the rest of the Design Team and go make a CAS project the go to the Treehouse Blog and add your link to Mr.Linky so we can see what you came up with. What ever you do just have fun because I plan on having plenty of fun when we go on our cruise.

GUEST DT CONTEST:
Have you ever wanted to be on a design team? Would you like a free digital image to play with or to try out? If you answered YES to either on of these questions then you need to click on over to the TREEHOUSE STAMPS BLOG and check it out.

2 comments:

Yaneri (ScrapyCrafter) said...

This turned out clean and simple Neva! Awesome!!
Hey, enjoy your cruise!!! Oh my gosh, so jealous!!! It's been a year since my last cruise!! How fun your going to have with the family!!
Think of us design team and have a bajama mama drink for me will ya and make it strong!!!.....heheehe!!!
Enjoy Neva!!!

Hugs!
Yaneri

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Neva, this is so cute! I love the bg piece the same colors and definitions as the printed piece. No coloring! WOW! Great job, GF!!