TFL

Thanks for visiting my Blog and please feel free to make comments. They are helpful and very much appreciated.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Simply Soft Faux Patina

This is for today's SKETCH CHALLENGE # 378.
I needed a day to think on the colors chosen for Tuesday's COLOR CHALLENGE # 368 = elegant, grapes, & melons.
I was hesitant to try the technique chosen on Monday's TECHNIQUE LOVERS CHALLENGE # 370 - Faux Patina but decided to give it another try. I used stylized flowers embossing folder and inked the negative side with wisteria wonder then used daubers to ink the raised portions with melon mambo and elegant eggplant. Then I used my versamark pen to some of the raised sections and embossed gold embossing powder. I like how this turned out but still NOT sure I like these colors together. Oh well that is why they are called CHALLENGES right? LOL
RECIPE:
Stamps: Simply Soft, All Holidays - SU
Paper: white, elegant eggplant, concord grape, melon mambo
Ink: momento tuxedo black, elegant eggplant, concord grape, melon mambo
Accessories: stylized flowers, texile, gold ep, copics, layered oval punches
Techniques: faux patina, cuttlebug the negative effect, copic coloring, sponging, heat embossing

No comments: